With no odor, taste, or color, radon is a hidden threat to occupants of commercial buildings all across the country. Inhalation of radon has been linked to lung cancer yet causes no identifiable symptoms. In fact, radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States!
The bottom line?
To secure the health of your employees as well as the long-term viability of your company, you need to test for radon in the workplace—and RadonAway can help. Through the RadonAway Authorized Professional Network, we have vetted local contractors throughout the country to test, mitigate, and eliminate commercial radon fast.
Critical Facts About Radon in the Office
The EPA reports that there is no “safe” level of radon exposure. Commercial buildings that has radon levels at or above 4 pCi/L should be mitigated for the well-being of your staff, customers, and other building visitors.
Here’s what you need to know about radon in the office:
- Radon can enter through air or water, though air is most common. Radon typically forms in the soil and seeps into buildings via cracks and crawl spaces.
- There is no standard profile for a building with high levels of radon. Radon can enter any commercial building—small, spacious, new, or old.
- Radon’s connection to lung cancer is accepted and well-documented from studies in both the United States and Europe. It is the leading cause of lung cancer in nonsmokers, second overall only to smoking.
- Although radon is a radioactive gas that should be taken seriously, testing for radon in the workplace is quick and affordable.
Why You Need an Authorized Pro for Radon Removal
If it’s been more than two years since your building was last checked for radon, the EPA recommends that you get it tested as soon as possible. With the help of a RadonAway Authorized Pro, you can get lasting peace of mind that your building is safe from hazardous levels of radon.
Working with a certified radon removal team is the best way to ensure the quality and dependability of your radon mitigation systemWith a RadonAway Authorized Pro, you’ll know that you’re working with local experts who are:
- Properly Vetted and Insured
- Nationally and/or State Certified
- State-Licensed Where Mandated
- Experienced Businesses with Longstanding Operations
- Knowledgeable and Up-to-Date, Completing 100+ Radon Removal Projects Each Year
Don’t Wait! Discover Whether You Have Radon in the Workplace Now
Because the presence of radon is affected by numerous individual characteristics, you need a qualified expert to build a cost-effective and functioning radon removal system for your specific office. Ensure that your commercial radon solution works by trusting it to a RadonAway Authorized Professional!
Call us today to get started testing and removing radon in the office. You can also request your free radon consultation with a local pro by sending in our online form now.