When uranium breaks down in soil and rock, radioactive gas is released in the form of radon—which puts every home across the country at risk of elevated radon levels.
At RadonAway, we’re here to protect the health of you and your family through full-service radon testing. Although you may have never considered testing for radon, it is imperative for every home, workplace, and school in the country to be tested regularly for radon exposure to prevent life-threatening problems down the road.
Understanding the Dangers of Home Radon Exposure
The problem with radon is that it is an invisible danger. Odorless, tasteless, and colorless, radon gas is impossible to detect in the home without proper testing. That means that whether you see foundation cracks or not, and whether your home is old or new, radon testing is necessary in order to know if your property is safe.
Still unsure about whether you need radon testing? Consider these facts and statistics:
- Radon exposure is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers, and it’s the second-leading cause overall.
- Radon gas can enter the home from soil through cracks, gaps, and air spaces, and homes with well water can be at risk.
- One in 15 homes across the country is suspected to have elevated radon levels.
- There is no completely safe level of radon exposure.
- The EPA recommends treatment at levels greater than 4 pCi/L, while the World Health Organization recommends remediation at 2.7 pCi/L or higher.
- Radon is naturally occurring and can be found anywhere in the country—the only way to know if you have a problem is through testing.
The Importance of Radon Testing in Protecting Your Family
The dangers of radon make it a concern for anyone in the country, but that doesn’t mean that you are stuck living with the worry and risk of radon exposure. At RadonAway, we know the importance of radon testing, and we offer the services that you need for professional results:
- Self-Service Tests—Complete with Pre-Paid Postage
- Professional Home Testing by Certified, Vetted Authorized Pros
- Accurate Testing Results Through Laboratory Analysis
- Start-to-Finish Mitigation Support to Ensure Safe Indoor Radon Levels
Learn More About the Importance of Testing Your Home for Radon
As the trusted choice for residential radon services, The RadonAway Authorized Professional Network is here to help you keep your home safe and your family healthy for decades down the road.
So don’t gamble with your health!
RadonAway can get you set up with a free quote and consultation when you contact us today by phone or through our online form.