You’ve probably heard of radon gas before, but you may not realize the extent to which radon in home environments could be negatively affecting your children’s health—not only today but far into the future. Take just a few minutes to learn from RadonAway’s trained professionals and discover the potentially life-threatening radon effects on kids.
As a parent, you’ll be glad you did!
Radon’s Harmful Effects on Kids
According to the EPA, one out of every 15 homes in the United States has a radon concentration of 4 pCi/L or higher—the threshold at which immediate radon mitigation is recommended. If your home has radon levels higher than 4 pCi/L, you’re at risk for radon’s most harmful effects on kids: lung cancer.
Facts About Radon and Lung Cancer
- Children’s unique lung physiology makes them especially vulnerable to the negative effects of radon inhalation.
- Radon is recognized as the second-highest leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Among non-smokers, it is the leading cause.
- Two separate studies, one in the US and one in Europe, have confirmed the connection between radon inhalation and lung cancer.
- Breathing excessive levels of radon is estimated to cause 21,000 lung cancer deaths in the US every year.
- According to the EPA, there is no safe level of radon in the home.
What to Do About Radon in the Home
Despite radon’s significant potential for harmful effects on kids, the fact is that radon testing is simple and affordable. And RadonAway has licensed, certified, and insured partners spread all across the country—so we’re never too far from you!
If you have kids, you deserve to know that your home is radon-free.
By working with RadonAway, you’ll have peace of mind that you’ve reduced your children’s lifetime risk of lung cancer. To give you complete confidence in our expertise, all of our local teams are:
- Part of the RadonAway Authorized Professional Network
- Vetted by RadonAway, the World’s Largest Manufacturer of Radon Fans
- Carefully Trained and Properly Insured
- Certified by the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) and the National Radon Safety Board (NRSB)
- Licensed in All States Where Mandated
We can visit your home, complete thorough testing, and install any necessary radon mitigation solutions quickly and affordably. We care about your children—and you—and will make sure that your home is safe.
Learn More About Radon Effects on Kids
Have more questions about radon’s proven harmful effects on kids? Then contact RadonAway today for more information on the connection between radon and lung cancer. Call our residential radon experts to speak with a local professional near you, or fill out our quick online form now!