A naturally occurring radioactive gas, radon can be found in homes all across the United States. It has also been recognized by the EPA as a leading cause of lung cancer deaths—second only to smoking.
The bottom line?
If you’re planning any kind of real estate transaction—whether buying or selling—you need to have the property thoroughly inspected for radon. Real estate professionals across the USA count on RadonAway for start-to-finish expertise in home radon detection, mitigation, and removal.
Take the time to educate yourself on the threat of radon in your home.
Important Facts About Radon and Radon Equipment for Real Estate
Many homeowners and real estate agents have not heard much about the threat of radon in homes. However, both for the health of your family and the success of your real estate transaction, it’s well worth the effort to understand this cancer-causing gas.
Here are a few key facts about radon in homes:
- Radon often enters homes through the soil and, less often, via the water supply.
- Even homes on the same block can have completely different radon levels.
- Because it is flavorless, odorless, and colorless, you cannot detect radon without specialized radon equipment.
- Radon does not discriminate. Large, small, new, old… any home can have elevated radon levels.
How We Ensure the Safety of Homes for Purchase or Sale
Radon naturally occurs in our environment, and no harm is typically attributed to the trace amounts present in outdoor air. When the radon becomes trapped inside of buildings, however, its effects are multiplied and known to cause lung cancer.
That’s why RadonAway is here: to keep your family safe!
Our local crews are part of the RadonAway Authorized Professional Network and have been carefully vetted by the world’s largest radon fan manufacturer. Every RadonAway professional meets all mandated state licensing requirements, is certified by the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP), and completes more than 100 radon mitigations every year!
Before you buy or sell a home, trust us for:
- Radon Testing: We never use outdated or old radon equipment but rather cutting-edge technology. We complete both initial and follow-up testing to make sure results are accurate.
- Radon Removal: If your radon levels come back at 4.0 pCi/L or higher, it’s important to remove the radon as soon as possible. We offer full-service expertise in removing radon from both the air and water coming into your home.
- Radon Maintenance: We can take proactive measures to keep your home’s radon levels stable, including long-term testing and equipment monitoring.
Buying or Selling? Start Your Real Estate Transaction with a Radon Inspection
According to the EPA, one out of every 15 homes in the United States has radon levels above 4 pCi/L. Don’t initiate any real estate transaction before making sure your home is not one of them!
Call RadonAway today to speak with a residential radon expert in your local area and set up your radon inspection and test. You can also start now by submitting our quick online form.